Argumentative essays are one of the best essays to right if you know the right structure, procedures and rules to follow. It is same as writing any other form of essay. You stick to the right procedures and everything will fall in line. This is why it is pertinent you write your thesis statement well. In this post, we’ll be treating how to write thesis statement for argumentative essay.
Most times in your argumentative essay, how your thesis statement is structured matters, and where it appears matters. It is advised that you write it well, and you make it appear on the first paragraph. It is what shapes, guides and directs your essay. We’ll be going deeper on this subject in the next part of this post.
How to Write Thesis Statement for Argumentative Essay
- You get the topic for your essay, make a research on it, write down your points, and do other necessary actions required for essay writing.
- When you start writing the essay, you are to know that the thesis statement should be in active voice.
- It should not be more than a paragraph. On the average, your thesis statement should be in a sentence.
- You should make a reiteration of your thesis statement few times in your essay.
- You don’t have to over-repeat your thesis statement. The ideal thing is that it should come at the beginning, then somewhere in the discussion or analysis, and finally at the conclusion part–the tail end.
Example of Thesis Statement in Argumentative Essay
I write in support of the motion that promoting rights to gun ownership is better than banning gun in the United States. This is on the backdrop of the increase in the spate of gun violence in the United States. There have been several debates as to whether gun should be banned or not. I write to state that banning gun would do more harm than good.
NOTE: The thesis statement is in italics above.
How to write thesis statement for argumentative essay is not something to worry about if you know how to do it right. There aren’t much rules for it. You have to know the rules and keep them. Once you do it this way, you get it right, and then you don’t lose marks.