A declaration for a project is a piece of writing stating that you did a research project on your own fully, and you did that without resorting to any form of illegality. It is also an area you state that it is a fulfilment of what is required of you. This piece of writing is very important, and it is one of the first things project examiners read on your research project. Thus, this is why we’ll be guiding you on how to write a declaration for a project.
Aside from this piece of writing being one of the first things project examiners read about your project, it is also one of the last things you write in your project. It is important because it is through it that the project examiner would know the project is written by you, and you avoided all forms of illegality in writing the project.
It does not take much to write, and it should be short and straight to the point. You can learn more about that below,
How to Write a Declaration for a Project
- You should know that a project declaration is short and straight-to-the-point. It should not be more than 300 words.
- It has its own full page.
- There should be a “Project Declaration” title, written in bold, and centralized.
- This piece of writing is part of the Preliminary pages of your project.
- It is more of a legal statement about how you researched and wrote the project without resorting to cheating or plagiarism.
- Then, you should also include that it is the partial fulfilment of your course study, the effort and name of your supervisor, and other relevant details.
We’ll be presenting an example of this form of writing below.
Example of Project Declaration
I declare that this project titled Colonialism and Culture Contact in Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, submitted to the English Department of the University of Ilorin, is done by me, and supervised by Lakunle Adeola (PhD) of the same department.
This project is submitted in partial fulfilment of the award of a Bachelor of Arts in English Language.
The project has been thoroughly supervised, and is therefore submitted for examination and review.
It does not take much to know how to write a declaration for a project. You must know that it should not be long, and even as it is not long, it should have the required details. If the content is good and it is what is required of you, you get it right.